22 May 2010

Greenhouses S, L, XL


The development in the agricultural industry that has occurred in the past decades has brought a gap between producer and consumer, between farmer and public. A new design must restore this relationship. The public can be involved more directly in food production and the management of rural areas.
A farm that is not only an economic unity, but also a farm that is built on social pillars can be a solution. But first of all, reconciliation between public and the new trend on agriculture is beneficial. So I suggest a concept which combines public spaces with industrial farming.



I've started to analyse the site and design a complex of greenhouses within the area.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Bita
    Good to see you back on the blog.I look forward to see your "city of reconciliation".
    Keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see your work Bita:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei Bita -
    very interesting direction your project is taking. I like your S L XL concept for greenhouse urbanism! (where is the M? he he)
    I look forward to see your final plan as well.
    Good luck!
    ps : maybe you want a side review on wednesday or thursday before or after the presentations? You can bring some drawings if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alice,
    Review after presentation?! This presentation is not the last one?
    I am drowing some skethes to show what I mean. I am not sure when it will be finished, but I try to post next step before the presentation. I hope so:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is! but I thought you got an extension due to your period of sickness. Sorry if I got it wrong :-) then good luck and keep posted! Alice

    ReplyDelete